- 4 pounds small red potatoes (cleaned and halved)
- 8 cloves garlic (peeled)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise (reduced-calorie, if desired)
- 3 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 8 slices bacon (cooked, drained and crumbled)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper (minced)
- black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Combine potatoes, garlic, olive oil, black pepper and salt in a roasting pan; cover with foil. Bake 15 minutes, uncover and continue to roast for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and slightly golden brown. Remove from oven, let cool slightly and cut potatoes into quarters; mash the garlic cloves. Place potato quarters and mashed garlic in serving bowl.
- Dressing: In small bowl, stir together all dressing ingredients until well blended. Pour dressing over potatoes and gently toss. Taste and adjust seasoning; serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until serving.