You'll want to make these colorful sugar cubes for a festive cocktail party or a kid's birthday party, or for no other reason at all. To make them, all you have to do is combine sugar with the designated amount of food coloring and then heat in the microwave. Just be careful not to overheat the sugar, or it will sadly melt rather than end up as a neat cube.
- 220 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon water (or food coloring, or gooseberry juice)
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and water or food coloring. Stir and pour into small, star-shaped molds (or the shape of your choice).
- Test the best temperature for your molds. If you cook the sugar too long, it will melt and will not come out of the mold correctly.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 30 to 40 seconds (or however long your molds allow).
- Remove from microwave and let the sugar lumps cool in the molds, then pull them out carefully.
- Store in an a tightly closed jar.