When you are looking for a sweet and rich treat that you can serve up to your friends and family the next time you are invited to a party, celebration or special occasion. This recipe for Stamped Butter Cookies offers 40 cookies, so if plan accordingly if you want to make extra batches. Also, you are going to make the dough at least the day before and refrigerate, so you can cut them up and bake them.
- 1 egg
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 150 grams softened butter
- 300 grams flour
- 2 grams baking powder
- 25 grams vanilla sugar
- 1 egg yolk (for glazing)
- milk (for glazing)
- Beat egg and sugar together until pale. Add the butter, flour, baking powder, and vanilla sugar. Form a ball with the dough, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the dough from the refrigerator and let come to room temperature for about 15 minutes before rolling it out on a lightly floured surface. It shouldn't be too thin otherwise you won't see the stamp.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Beat the milk and egg yolk together to for an egg wash.
- Use a cookie stamp to cut out cookies.
- Put the cookies on a parchment paper or Silpat lined baking sheet, brush with milk and yolk mixture.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the thickness of the cookies.