- 2 pie crusts (deep dish, home-made or store-bought.)
- olive oil (a drizzle of)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 onions (sliced)
- 1 handful sun dried tomatoes (chopped.)
- 1 ounce frozen spinach (thawed, squeezed of excess water, about 6-7 oz, a bag is 10)
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup table cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 wedges cheese (La Vache qui rit)
- 1 block cheese (creamy Saint Morgan, or substitute with Brie if you want)
- 16 sun dried tomatoes (big pieces of, to decorate top if desired)
- Thaw pie crusts and pre-bake according to package. Let cool when done. Lower oven to 350*F
- In a pan over medium heat, drizzle the oil n butter, when butter melts, add the onions and cook until soft, about 10, 15 minutes, stirring once in a while.
- Then add the handful of chopped sun-dried tomatoes, stir around for a minute, then add the spinach, mix well and take off the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs lightly. Add cream, milk, and break little pieces of La Vache Qui Rit, then whisk everything together.
- Slice cheese (Saint Morgon) and put onto bottom of pie crusts, top with spinach mixture, and then egg mixture. Use a fork and nudge the spinach a bit so that the egg mixture fill up every space there is. Top with the rest of the tomatoes for decoration before putting them in the oven.
- Bake until the center is just set. Mine baked for about 40 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes or so before serving.
PER SERVING *
|Calories980Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat600|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.