Sriracha-Glazed Chicken With Onions and BroccoliFOODISTA
- 5 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon ginger (freshly grated)
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon curry powder (I use Penzey's Hot Curry Powder)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into uniformly sized chunks)
- 1 pound broccoli (fresh, separated into florets, or a 10-oz. package of frozen broccoli f)
- 1 cup cooked rice (white or brown, we used brown for serving)
- Combine hoisin, ketchup, and sriracha in a small bowl and set aside. Season chicken pieces with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring often, until softened but not brown. Add ginger, garlic, and curry and stir until fragrant (about 15 seconds). Add chicken and cook about 8 minutes - chicken will be about 3/4 of the way done at this point.
- Add broccoli and sauce mixture - stir to coat everything in the sauce. If you're using fresh broccoli, you may want to add about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water to help with steaming it and to keep the sauce from burning. Cover and cook about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is tender and chicken is fully cooked.
- Serve over rice, in bowls to make sure you catch all the sauce.
|Calories280Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat70|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.