- 600 grams squid (cleaned)
- 1 large carrots
- 2 tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 50 milliliters oil
- 500 milliliters water
- 1 sprig parsley (each, and fresh coriander)
- Season the squid with salt and pepper and set aside for 40 minutes.
- Saute the minced onion and garlic in the oil on low heat.
- Peel and dice the carrots.
- Add the carrots to the onion and garlic mixture.
- Add the squid and let cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the bundle of herbs tied together with kitchen twine (this makes it easier to remove before serving).
- Peel the tomatoes and add to the stew, crushing them by hand. Let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the wine and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the water and season with a pinch of salt.
- Once the mixture boils, add 300 gm. tagliatelle and cook for 8 minutes or until done.
- Season to taste and serve sprinkled with chopped fresh coriander.