To make this dish, the squid is first cooked with a whole onion in a pressure cooker, and this takes only about half an hour for the squid to become wonderfully tender. While this is happening, you can boil the potatoes and roast the bell peppers (directly over a gas burner, turning with tongs, until blackened and blistered). These are all gathered in a baking dish with crushed garlic cloves and baked until the potatoes turn nice and crispy.
- 800 tentacles (grs of, Short fin squid)
- 800 small potatoes (grs of, for roasting)
- 1/4 red pepper
- 1/4 green pepper
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped coriander
- salt (to taste)
- olive oil (to taste)
- Cook the squid tentacles in the pressure cooker along with a whole onion (about 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, wash the potatoes and cook them in salty water.
- Roast the peppers and cut them into strips.
- Place the squid tentacles in a baking bowl.
- Smash the potatoes a little and place them around the tentacles, along with the pepper strips, the bay leaves and the slightly crushed garlic cloves with peel. Season with a bit of salt and a bit of olive oil.
- Bake at 350º F until it's well cooked and the potatoes are crispy.
- Serve hot and sprinkled with the fresh corianders.