Squid SkewersO Meu Tempero
Squid can be hard to cook on the grill without falling through the grates, so that's why they are often threaded onto skewers, as in this recipe, where the squid is paired with its favorite companion, chorizo, as well as sliced onion and red and green bell pepper. Season with lemon juice, brush with olive oil (to prevent from sticking), and cook on a heated grill, turning to cook evenly.
- 4 large squid
- 1/2 chorizo
- 1 onions
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- olive oil
- 1Cut squid into strips.
- 2Slice chorizo.
- 3Cut peppers into bite-sized pieces.
- 4Cut onions into quarters and cut quarters into halves, separating the layers.
- 5Thread ingredients onto skewers in an alternating pattern, as desired.
- 6Sprinkle skewers with lemon juice, season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- 7Cook on a preheated grill, until done, brushing with olive oil, as needed.