If you are looking to expand your culinary repertoire, then this seafood and rice dish is right for you. This low calorie meal is best left for dinner and does not require many ingredients. If followed correctly, this recipe will allow you to enjoy a seafood delicacy that is light and tender. Also, don’t forget to buy some seafood stock, as this will help flavor the rice and give the dish lots of flavor.
- squid (Bag of frozen clean)
- 1 tomato (ripe)
- tomato (pulp)
- 1 onion (large)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 stock (shellfish)
- parsley (for chopping)
- rice (amount depends on the number of people to serve)
- Start by making a stew with chopped onion and, when it is well browned, add the chopped garlic and let it also brown a little more.
- Skin the tomato and chop it to the stew along with two tablespoons of tomato pulp.
- Stir and let it simmer.
- Cut the squid into thin strips and add them to the stew, along with the peas.
- Stir well and allow the stew to absorb the squid fluids and the peas (if they're frozen, as it was my case).
- Pour water corresponding to twice the desired quantity of rice, add a cube of seafood stock and let it simmer.
- When it boils, pour the washed and well-drained rice and let it cook slowly.
- A minute before turning the heat off, pour little bits of seafood and let it cook a bit more.
- Serve with chopped parsley.
|Calories140Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat20|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.