- 10 cups yellow squash (sliced, about 3 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 10 1/2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 large egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups crackers (lightly crushed buttery round, divided)
|Calories160Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat90|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Kendall Garvin 25 Oct 2018
it was great. I accidently left out the garlic and it was still good. it was simple and i will definitely cook it again.
Leigh B. 1 Oct 2018
I was looking for something a little different and Its very close to recipe I’ve made for years but uses mushroom soup & sour cream instead of milk and also chicken stock in the pot to boil squash. I like the cast iron skillet as opposed to a casserole dish too. Really liked it!
Christal Ferrell-Whittle 9 Jul 2018
my husband and i loved it, but i used frenches onions instead of crackers. will definitely be making again!!!
Telicha N. 6 May 2018
the dish turned out great. my family was against a new recipe until it came out of the oven and now there's not any left.
Alexis 14 Jan 2018
It was delicious. My family who hates squash cleaned the casserole dish and asked why did I make such a small pan. I will definitely be making this again real soon.