This dessert is bursting with the sour taste of rhubarb against the sweetness of blueberries. With almonds perched on top, you’ll get a perfect blend of soft and crunchy. Serve warm with ice cream, or cold with a hot drink.
- 1 bunch rhubarb
- 200 grams blueberries
- 4 tablespoons sugar (depending on taste and on the acidity of the rhubarb)
- 280 grams sugar
- 245 grams butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 400 grams flour
- chopped almonds
- Peel the rhubarb, cut into pieces, and pour in a small saucepan.
- Add the blueberries, sugar, and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Cover and cook over low heat. Stir occasionally until water is evaporated. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix butter cut into small cubes, 210 grams of sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Add beaten yolk.
- Stir and gradually add flour to get a dough.
- Take half the dough and press it to the bottom of a flexible 20 x 20 centimeter square mold (this is not a dough that should be rolled out).
- Prick with a fork, and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bake the dough for 20 minutes.
- Spread the compote over the cooked dough.
- Add to the remaining dough, 70 grams of sugar and work it with your fingertips to obtain a coarse sand style crumble.
- Cover the compote with the dough crumble, and with pieces of almonds.
- Bake for 20/25 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Let cool before removing from pan.
- Cut into squares.
PER SERVING *
|Calories820Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat350|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.