Springtime is such a great time for garden-fresh vegetables and this salad takes advantage of all the season has to offer. Lightly sauteed asparagus is tossed with crisp romaine lettuce as the base for this simple salad. A basic lemon vinaigrette adds a nice bright flavor to the salad. A perfectly poached egg is served on top of the salad, with a warm and creamy yolk coating the vegetables as you dig in.
- 3 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (finely chopped)
- 100 grams asparagus (green)
- 4 eggs (extra fresh)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- fleur de sel
- ground black pepper
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and the chopped lemon zest.
- Warm some water (enough to cover eggs) in a sauce pan.
- Cut the asparagus in half, lengthwise.
- In a frying pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil on medium heat and sauté the asparagus for 5 minutes carefully, making sure not to break their tip. They must remain "al dente", but become golden.
- As soon as the water starts boiling, carefully place the eggs in it. Use a tablespoon so that the shell does not break. Cook the eggs for 5 minutes, and then remove them from the hot water immediately. Place them right away in a cold water bath for 30 seconds. Peel the eggs.
- Add the lettuce leaves and the asparagus to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the salad.
- Distribute salad in plates and add one egg in each.
|Calories210Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat150|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.