- 1 Duncan Hines® Signature Spring Velvets Cake Mix
- 1 Duncan Hines® Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 9x6 loaf pans with shortening or oil spray.
- Prepare the batters according to the package directions and scoop each batter into each pan.
- Bake 30-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out free of crumbs. Cool completely.
- Slice the pink velvet in half lengthwise. Then take each half and slice it in half vertically. You will have 4 strips of cake.
- Repeat the above process with the yellow velvet.
- Place a pink slice next to a yellow slice onto a plate. Ice the top with frosting.
- Next place a yellow slice on top of the pink slice and a pink slice on top of a yellow slice, Ice the top.
- Repeat the above process until there are no more remaining cake slices.
- Frost the entire cake upon completing the 4-layer checkerboard.
- Tip- You can build as many checkerboards as you want; you just need to cut smaller slices of cake.
- Refer to picture for guidance.