- 1 Duncan Hines® Signature Spring Velvets Cake Mix
- 1 Duncan Hines Creamy Home-Style Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 2 9x6 loaf pans with shortening or oil spray.
- Prepare the batters according to the package directions and scoop each batter into each pan.
- Bake 30-33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out free of crumbs. Cool completely.
- Slice the pink velvet in half lengthwise. Then take each half and slice it in half vertically. You will have 4 strips of cake.
- Repeat the above process with the yellow velvet.
- Place a pink slice next to a yellow slice onto a plate. Ice the top with frosting.
- Next place a yellow slice on top of the pink slice and a pink slice on top of a yellow slice, Ice the top.
- Repeat the above process until there are no more remaining cake slices.
- Frost the entire cake upon completing the 4-layer checkerboard.
- Tip- You can build as many checkerboards as you want; you just need to cut smaller slices of cake.
- Refer to picture for guidance.
Blue Velvet CakeAdd a Pinch
Blue Velvet CupcakesEat at Home
Chocolate Velvet CakeAdd a Pinch
Raspberry Red Velvet CakeThe Spruce
White Velvet CakeRock Recipes
Cake Mix CookiesMy Baking Addiction
Red Velvet CakeSwans Down®
Tropical Summer Fruit With Honey-velvet SauceHellmann's
White Wedding Cake CupcakesRecipe Girl
Old Fashioned Applesauce Spice CakePoinsettia Drive
Duncan HInes Boxed Cake MixMy Baking Addiction
Duncan Hines Perfect Size Cake Mix is Just PerfectThe Mama Maven
Red Velvet Whoppie Pie Ice Cream CakeBreyers
Spring Velvets Checkerboard CakeDuncan Hines
Blue Velvet NapoleonDuncan Hines
Chocolate Cinnamon Cupcakes With Peanut Butter Cinnamon FrostingHellmann's
Black Velvet CakeI am Baker
Red Velvet CakeMyRecipes
Lucky Green Velvet Baby CakesPicky Palate
Red Velvet SconesSomething Swanky
Fire and Blood Layer CakeQueenslee Appétit
Duncan Hines Holiday Velvet Snow WreathThe Mom Maven
Scrumptious Carrot Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingHellmann's
Cake Mix BrowniesFamily Fun Journal
Classic Yellow CakeDiana's Desserts
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese ButtercreamRose Bakes
Green Velvet Layer Cake with Vanilla Bean FrostingDesserts with Benefits
Colorful Velvet CakesTurnips 2 Tangerines
Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese IcingFood Republic
Blue Velvet CupcakesMarilyn's Treats