Spring is right around the corner and with the new season, comes new ideas for dishes to prepare. This Spring Veal and Pea Pie is perfect for a family dinner. The recipe combines cream, peas minced veal and other hearty ingredients for a flavorful explosion for your taste buds. Be sure to serve the dish with your favorite salad topped with a rich hazelnut oil vinaigrette. Pick up the ingredients this week so you can surprise your family with this dish soon.
- 800 grams minced veal
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- boiling water (15 cl.)
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 grams butter
- 800 grams potatoes
- 400 grams frozen peas
- cream (10 cl. liquid)
- Mince the veal.
- Dissolve the bouillon cube in 15 centiliters of boiling water.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a skillet, then saute the onion.
- Add the minced meat and broth and simmer for 20 minutes while stirring. There should be residual liquid.
- Peel the potatoes and cook them for 20 minutes in salted boiling water.
- Separately, cook the peas in boiling, salted water.
- Drain the peas, and mash them with a little cooking water.
- Drain the potatoes and add the cream and peas to the potatoes. Stir and mash coarsely.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Butter a baking dish.
- Put the meat in the dish, cover with the mashed potatoes and scatter some nuts on top.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with a salad and hazelnut oil vinaigrette.