Shortbread cookies are the perfect buttery treat for a friendly gathering among friends. They also are perfect for holiday gatherings and office parties. They are easy cookies to make that have a rich and decadent flavor and texture. These Spring Shortbread cookies are sweet and perfect party pleasers. You also can decorate them any way you choose, including sugar paste, chocolate and sprinkles. We hope you love this recipe! Happy baking!
- 250 grams flour
- 125 grams softened butter
- 125 grams brown sugar
- 1 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- sugar (paste purchased in specialty store)
- In a bowl, beat butter with brown sugar and vanilla sugar to a pale cream.
- Add the egg, and mix until smooth.
- Mix in flour, knead by hand, and form a big ball of dough.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours
- Preheat oven to 355 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roll out dough, and use cookie cutters to cut out shortbread cookies. Arrange them on a baking pan lined with parchment paper or a silicon mat.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 355 F.
- Once cooled, decorate with sugar paste, chocolate, and sprinkles.