It is a fact that you either love mushrooms or you don’t. If you do, then this is a recipe to try. Spring Mushroom Medley takes only 20 minutes to prepare, so it is perfect when you are on the go and don’t have time to spend in the kitchen. This recipe combines savory mushrooms with decadent manchego cheese. You can substitute mild cheddar or Colby cheeses. Enjoy this dish!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 300 grams mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 can corn kernels
- 2/3 cup white wine
- 200 grams manchego cheese (shredded, may substitute a mild cheddar or colby)
- salt (and pepper)
- 1 bunch parsley (minced)
- Saute the onion and garlic on medium heat in a pan for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and corn, lower the heat to low. Cover and cook to release juices, 15 minutes.
- Remove the cover, add the wine, increase the heat to medium and allow the alcohol to evaporate, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the salt, pepper, cheese and parsley. Allow to cook for one more minute.