Quick and easy to prepare, makes this healthy dish a great for special occasions. Some markets it is easier to find fresh figs. Serve with mashed sweet potatoes and asparagus.
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 cup fig preserves (OR fig jam)
- 1/4 cup dark rum (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 cups sweet onions (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon chipotle chile in adobo sauce (minced)
- black pepper
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper
- figs (Fresh sliced, optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside. Combine 1/2 cup jam, 2 tablespoons rum, 1 tablespoon oil, mustard and garlic; spread over pork tenderloin. Place tenderloin in prepared pan and roast 20-25 minutes, until meat thermometer interted reads 145degrees F. Let tenderloin stand 5 minutes before slicing diagonally into 1/4-inch slices.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions about 5minutes, stirring, until soft. Stir in remaining jam, rum and chipolte peppers. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, uncovered, 10 minutes or until slightly caramelized, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve sliced pork with onion mixture. Sprinkle red peppers over both. Garnish platter with fresh sliced figs, if desired.