- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves (firmly packed)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (1/2 medium head broccoli)
- 1/2 cup pinenuts (blanched slivered almonds, or raw walnuts)
- 2 teaspoons white miso (or 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan, plus more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (2 cloves)
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (plus more to taste, plus more to serve)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (plus more to serve)
- 2 zucchini (large or 4 small, spiralized to make zoodles)
- 1 cup English cucumber (finely diced)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (finely chopped raw, 1/2 medium head)
- 1/4 cup shelled hemp seeds
- To make the pesto, throw the olive oil, lemon juice, basil, broccoli, pine nuts, miso (or Parmesan), garlic, salt, and pepper into your KitchenAid® Power Plus® Blender. Secure the lid, remove the center lid cap, and insert the tamper. Turn the variable speed dial to 11, and process for 20 to 30 seconds, using the tamper to guide the ingredients through the blades until rustically combined but not completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to lightly toss the zucchini noodles with the diced cucumber and broccoli until well combined.
- Gently massage 1 cup (230 g) of the pesto through the zucchini noodles until evenly coated, and add additional pesto gradually to your preference. As you massage the fruits and vegetables will release water, making the pesto easier to work with. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set out four plates, and swirl equal portions onto plates, and toss with hemp seeds. Serve immediately passing any remaining pesto at the table.