- 2 sweet potatoes (large, spiralized)
- 2 apples (medium, spiralized)
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 3 cups enchilada sauce (homemade or store bought)
- 12 wheat tortillas
- 15 ounces black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 15 ounces corn (rinsed and drained)
- 2 cups cotija cheese (chopped)
- 2 cups shredded mexican cheese blend
- green onions
- sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray a KitchenAid® Ceramic 4-Piece Nesting Casserole Set with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium heat, combine the spiralized sweet potatoes, apples, onions and garlic. Cook stirring occasionally until onions are fragrant and sweet potatoes are tender, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Spread about 3/4 cup enchilada sauce in the prepared casserole dish to coat the bottom of the dish. Top with tortilla to cover the entire bottom (I cut the tortillas in half to help layering).
- Next, top with about half of the black beans, half of the corn and half of the sweet potato mixture. Add a third of the cotija cheese and a third of the Mexican cheese blend. Repeat the layering with a second layer of tortillas, then sauce, beans, corns, sweet potato mixture and another third of cheeses.
- Finally top with a final layer of tortillas and the rest of the sauce.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly. Uncover the dish and top with the rest of the cheeses. Bake for additional 15-20 minutes until the sweet potatoes are cooked thoroughly and cheese is bubbly.
- Let casserole cool for a 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with sour cream, avocado (or guacamole) and green onions.