- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 pounds butternut squash (peeled)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon sage leaves (freshly minced)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (sliced, I used Baby Bella)
- 2 cups curly kale (chopped, with tough stems removed)
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
Jo LeRoy 29 days ago
This fell clearly in “meh” territory for me, but I probably shouldn’t be reviewing this since I didn’t follow the recipe! I was out of kale and had to sub dried sage for fresh. I also used chicken broth instead of water for a little extra flavor, but I still found it one-dimensional. That said, I don’t think I’d feel much differently if I followed it exactly. Needs cheese or lemon or something to wake it up.
Shirin 13 Dec 2017
Tasted amazing! But spiralizing butternut squash is no easy task. At least my spiralizer had lots of trouble with this.