A sweet and savory filling is made with spinach, ricotta, and dates in this delicious and hearty recipe. Thin turkey cutlets are filled with the spinach mixture and roasted for a rich dinner. This recipe takes about 40 minutes to make, which means you can have it for dinner any day of the week. Serve it with some roasted vegetables and a cooked grain for a satisfying and tasty meal the whole family will enjoy.
- turkey breast cutlets
- ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- 1 ricotta cheese (mild)
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 garlic cloves
- olive oil (to taste)
- spinach (Pesto, optional)
- pitted dates
- butter (to taste)
- Season the turkey cutlets with salt, pepper, and lemon juice.
- Heat a skillet with a little olive oil, and add garlic and spinach. Cook until spinach is slightly soft.
- Place the cutlets on a baking tray, and add a layer of spinach, crushed ricotta cheese, and the dates.
- Fold the cutlets to wrap the filling, and fasten with toothpicks. Brush with spinach pesto (optional).
- Roast the cutlets in the oven with a few pieces of butter until brown.
- Serve with carrot rice.