- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2/3 cup margarine (chilled)
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 8 3/4 ounces frozen spinach (thawed, excess liquid squeezed out)
- 2 ounces feta cheese (reduced-fat, crumbled)
- 14 ounces reduced fat ricotta cheese (fresh)
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint (chopped)
- mixed greens (to serve)
- lemon wedges (to serve)
- In a food processor, process flour and margarine until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add 1/4 cup ice water and pulse until mixture forms a ball. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for 30 mins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and line a 10x6 inch tart pan with parchment paper. On a floured surface, roll dough out to form a rectangle slightly larger than prepared pan then use to line pan. Trim edges and prick base with a fork. Chill until required.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Sweat, stirring, for 3 mins, or until soft. Add spinach and cook for 1 min, stirring, until heated. Season. Let cool slightly. Transfer 1/2 mixture to tart shell. Sprinkle with feta and ricotta. Top with remaining spinach mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and mint. Pour over filling in pan, smooth surface and bake for 40 mins, or until golden and set. Let cool for 5 mins.
- Serve with mixed greens and lemon wedges.
|Calories440Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat230|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Wynita B. 14 Feb 2016
Loved this easy no fuss recipe, the Tart turned out great! I did add a touch more water to the dough, I used fresh Spinach and added some Sundried Tomatoes and fresh herbs to the mix. Will be making again for sure.