Spinach, Orange & Sweet Onion Salad with Roasted Pork TenderloinPork
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh spinach
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- black pepper
- 2 navel oranges (peeled, thinly sliced and cut into quarters)
- 1In small bowl, stir together paprika, salt, brown sugar, sugar, chili powder, ground cumin and black pepper until thoroughly blended. Makes 1/4 cup.
- 2Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Season tenderloin with 2 tablespoons rub. Place tenderloin in shallow pan and roast for 20-27 minutes, until internal temperature as measured with a meat or instant-read thermometer is 145 degrees F. Remove pork from oven and let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- 3Meanwhile, clean and coarsely chop spinach and divide among 4 large dinner plates. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in skillet over medium-high heat, sauté onion with walnuts until onion is tender, about 4-5 minutes; remove from heat. In small bowl whisk together red wine vinegar, remaining olive oil, honey, salt and pepper. Toss a tablespoon of dressing with onion mixture. Evenly distribute onion mixture atop beds of spinach. Arrange tenderloin and oranges on top of onions. Drizzle with remaining dressing, serve immediately.