A simple yet supple side dish for any day: Sauteed spinach with garlic, walnuts, and goat cheese that's ready in about 10 minutes. Always be sure to wash spinach well in a few changes of cold water, swishing the leaves around each time to loosen any dirt or grit, and then drying in a salad spinner or by spreading out on clean kitchen towels. Trim off the tough stems, too.
- olive oil (to taste)
- 2 garlic cloves
- walnuts (coarsely ground, to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 fresh chevre
- Heat a little olive oil in a wok or skillet.
- Add the crushed garlic and spinach.
- Saute for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the walnuts and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with fresh cheese and more walnuts, to taste.