Spinach cream w / CroutonsMarmita
An immersion blender (also known as a hand or stick blender) is the secret to making creamy soups without having to use any actual cream, and right in the pot, meaning you don't have to bother transferring the contents to a blender, in batches. This hearty soup is made with potatoes and spinach and simple seasonings, and topped with homemade croutons made by frying bread cubes with parsley until golden brown and crisp.
- 2 potatoes
- 1 onions
- 1 garlic cloves
- 120 grams spinach
- olive oil
- 4 slices rustic bread
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- olive oil (A little)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1Peel the potatoes, onion and garlic, then cut everything into small pieces.
- 2Boil enough water and put everything in a pot until the potatoes are almost cooked and then add in the spinach.
- 3When everything is well done, use the hand blender until you get a homogeneous cream and season it with salt and pepper. Chop the bread into small cubes, set aside.
- 4In a frying pan, put a little olive oil and butter, allow it all to warm a bit and then add the pieces of bread and the parsley, leave them in the heat until they are crispy without forgetting to season with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- 5Place the croutons in the soup before serving.