Spinach and Parmesan RisottoLa Cocinera Con Prisa
Risotto is a dreamy side dish option that is perfect with seafood, pork, chicken or beef. This recipe for Spinach and Parmesan Risotto takes 40 minutes to prepare and is creamy and hearty. This dish is easy to make and can be prepared for any night of the week. Make sure you add these wonderful ingredients to your grocery list. We hope you love this rich risotto as much as we do.
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 onions (diced)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 cups fresh spinach leaves (washed, without stems)
- 3 cups water (or broth)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons bouillon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Melt the butter in a pan on medium heat, add the onion and garlic, and saute for approximately 5 minutes until translucent.
- 2Add the rice and stir for approximately 2 minutes until mixed in well with the onion.
- 3Add the wine, increase the heat to high, and allow about half the liquid to evaporate. This will take approximately 2 minutes.
- 4Blend the water, spinach, salt, and bouillon in a blender. Once half the wine has evaporated, add the blended mixture to the pan slowly during a span of 10 minutes while stirring slightly.
- 5Add the cream and cheese, mix slightly and cook for approximately 10 minutes more until the rice is cooked but not watery.
- 6Serve with additional Parmesan cheese.
PER SERVING *
|Calories800Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat510|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.