- 1 package frozen hash browns (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 2 tablespoons organic butter (melted)
- 1 egg (organic)
- italian seasonings
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- 1/4 cup red pepper (organic, diced)
- 1/4 cup green pepper (organic, diced)
- 1/4 cup onion (organic, diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (organic, minced)
- 6 egg whites (organic, and 3 organic eggs)
- 1/2 cup whole milk (organic)
- 1 1/2 cups gruyere cheese
- 1 package baby spinach (organic)
- 4 slices canadian bacon (or regular bacon)
PER SERVING *
|Calories330Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat200|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jennifer H. 21 Jul
So yummy! Even my kids who “don’t like quiche” gobbled it up.
Adrina 27 May
We liked this recipe. I used a combo of other cheeses because I wasn’t realizing how expensive Gruyere cheese is. The store only had one smallish “ block” for $19!! Since wasn’t sure how things would turn out, I opted NOT to use Gruyere, but should I ever make this again, I would bite the bullet and get the Gruyere. All in all a filling recipe and using the hash browns as the crust is BRILLIANT!
Michael Borton 19 May
Good quiche - going to switch the crust for a pat in pan next time
Acosta 19 May
Came out great but be careful to use the recipe instructions in the notes section. The top intro isn’t consistent
Sara 15 May
Turned out great forgot the egg in the hash browns but it didn’t matter. Added mushrooms and a few other veggies we had in the fridge. Big brunch hit!!
Michelle R. 13 May
I ended up using a little more than half a bag of hashbrowns and thought it was perfect. I think I may put some extra cheese on top the next time I make it, but it was delicious for my mother's day brunch!
Alicia Norberg 14 Jan
Delicious! We added roasted poblano and served with avocado on the side we doubled the recipe for a brunch for 7
Dr. Augustah a. 13 Oct 2017
Super! Made it for out of town visitors the day before arriving and they loved it. It held up beautifully and tasted delicious. I used both the egg yolks and whites to make it more dense and filling. I also substituted the bacon and used a sage chicken sausage instead.
Aubrey 13 Sep 2017
Needs a lot more flavor
Sheri B. 7 May 2016
Hash browns aren't "processed" frozen vegetables, today, are flash-froze which often preserves the nutrients more than "fresh" produce. Like any other ingredient, frozen hashbrowns can be organic or not. "Organic" in a recipe is only a suggestion. I wouldn't get hung up on that.