Spinach and Feta Pie from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals bookOn dine chez Nanou
We are obsessed with this Spinach and Feta Pie from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals book recipe. Try this recipe out for a BBQ with friends and family. Or this can by a great recipe to cook for the kids lunchboxes. Let us know how you liked our Spinach and Feta Pie from Jamie Oliver's 30 minute meals book recipe in the comments below. You can also give this recipe a star rating so others can follow along. Happy Cooking!
- 100 grams pinenuts
- 5 eggs
- 300 grams feta cheese
- 50 grams shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 400 grams baby spinach
- 270 grams filo
- 1 nutmeg (to grate)
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 2Put the pine nuts in a pan and brown them in the oven.
- 3In a bowl, break the eggs, crumble the feta, and add the grated cheddar, salt , pepper, lemon zest, 2 pinches of oregano, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Stir.
- 4Add the browned pine nuts.
- 5Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan, and cook spinach until it begins to wilt.
- 6When spinach is done, drain, and add to egg mixture.
- 7Grate half of the nutmeg. Mix.
- 8Remove the filo pastry from refrigerator.
- 9Spread on a large sheet of parchment paper (about 50 centimeters) on your work surface.
- 10Brush with olive oil, crumple it up, then spread it out again.
- 11Arrange 4 sheets of overlapping filo pastry (oiled with a brush), on parchment paper.
- 12The edges should cover the entire leaf.
- 13Place the parchment paper together with the filo pastry sheets in the pan, let the edges stick out.
- 14Pour in the egg - spinach - feta mixture.
- 15Spread the mixture and fold the filo pastry over it.
- 16Heat in frying pan over medium heat for a few minutes until the bottom starts to cook, about 5 minutes.
- 17Then place it in the oven for 18 to 20 minutes until the pie is golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories390Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.