- crepe batter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tbsp all purpose four
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- 14 ounces corn kernels (drained)
- 1 cup button mushrooms (sliced, sauteed)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives (snipped)
- arugula (to serve)
- To make the crepe batter, sift flour into a bowl. Make well in the center. Gradually whisk in combined milk and egg until smooth - it should be the consistency of pouring cream. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the filling by melting the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until combined. Return to heat and cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce thickens and comes to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in spinach, corn, mushrooms, half the cheese and chives. Season to taste. Keep warm.
- To make the crepes, melt a little butter in an 8 inch non-stick frying pan. Add 1/4 cup of batter, swirling to cover the base. Cook for 1-2 minutes, loosen and flip. Cook for 1 minute. Repeat with remaining butter and batter.
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Divide spinach mixture between crepes. Fold into quarters or roll up. Arrange in a baking tray. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and place under the broiler for 1-2 minutes, until cheese melts. Serve with arugula.
|Calories250Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat110|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.