The mixed pine nuts, spinach, and cream cheese bring a colorful element to the dish. While the pasta is being boiled there is a savory aroma that is added to the dish. The sauce is creamy and velvety when the flour and milk are added. This is a grea…
dish to make for any dinner party.
- 12 cannelloni shells
- 300 grams spinach
- pine nuts (toasted)
- 250 grams light cream cheese
- 60 grams butter
- 60 grams flour (sifted)
- 1 liter milk (heated)
- ground black pepper
- cheese (choice, grated)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. Use plenty of water so the shells do not stick together.
- Separately, boil the spinach in plenty of salted water. Drain and set aside.
- Mix together a handful of pine nuts, the spinach, and the cream cheese. This will serve as the base of your filling.
- In a sauce pot, make a bechamel sauce. Start by melting the butter. Add the sifted flour. Little by little, add hot milk until a sauce-like consistency is reached. Salt and pepper to taste and add a dash of nutmeg.
- Stir the bechamel sauce and spinach mixture together.
- Fill the cannelloni with the cheesy spinach mixture.
- Lay the pasta in an oven-proof dish and pour the remaining bechamel sauce on top. Finish with grated cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then broil for 3-4 more minutes until the cheese is golden and melted.
|Calories570Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
|Calories from Fat320|
|% DAILY VALUE|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.