Spinach and Bacon PieHoje para Jantar
- 2 leeks
- 50 grams olive oil
- 2 bunches spinach
- 250 grams whole wheat flour
- 110 grams butter
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 150 grams bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 package light cream
- 200 milliliters milk (or soy cream)
- ground black pepper
- ground nutmeg
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (approximately 400°F).
- 2Chop leeks.
- 3Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté leek.
- 4Blanch spinach leaves in boiling, salted water for about 5 minutes.
- 5Press leaves down with a skimmer, so that spinach cooks evenly.
- 6Drain and immediately plunge spinach into cold water.
- 7Drain spinach well and press out excess water.
- 8Add finely diced bacon to pan with leeks.
- 9Sauté for 3 minutes.
- 10Add spinach and cook briefly.
- 11Stir well and place filling in pie dish.
- 12Whisk eggs with the cream and milk.
- 13Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg and pour over the filling.
- 14Bake in preheated oven for about 30 minutes.
- 15Let cool slightly before removing from pan.