Make this gorgeous green breakfast casserole to start your Meatless Monday, or to impress vegetarians at the brunch table.
- 1 scallions
- 14 ounces artichoke hearts (in water, drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces low moisture mozzarella (shredded)
- 4 ounces Italian cheese blend (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Spray a 9x13” casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Finely mince the scallion. Roughly chop the artichokes.
- Set a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once shimmering, add spinach to the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula, until the mushrooms are shrunken and browned, and the spinach is wilted. Add the artichokes and cook for a minute longer. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, scallion, sour cream, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the spinach and artichokes and shredded cheese. Fold with a rubber spatula until the vegetables and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish.
- Transfer the dish to the middle rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the casserole for 40-45 minutes, until it is golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Allow the casserole to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
- Cut the casserole into squares, or simply transfer to a plate with a large spoon. Serve.
PER SERVING *
|Calories440Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat270|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.