Spinach & Mushroom Mini TartsKitchenAid
- 2 zucchini (ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch pieces)
- 2 parsnips (ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch pieces)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions (chopped)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (freshly ground)
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 400° F
- 2Spray muffin pan with cooking spray. Attach Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert the food holder and zucchini/cucumber adapter in the center of both ends of zucchini section, aligning the red marks. Secure zucchini and food holder onto attachment. Insert food skewer through zucchini/cucumber adapter and all the way through zucchini. Attach Thick Blade to attachment. Position bowl under blade to catch zucchini. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and position blade against zucchini to process. Repeat with remaining zucchini and parsnip sections. Reserve cores from vegetables.
- 3Cut zucchini and parsnip sheets into 4-inch pieces. Absorb moisture with paper towel, if needed. Press 2 parsnip pieces in each prepared muffin cavity, crisscrossing each piece. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven and press 2 zucchini slices on top of parsnips, making the crust for the tarts. Return to oven and bake 5 minutes longer.
- 4While crusts are baking, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and mushrooms and saute© 3-4 minutes. Chop parsnip and zucchini cores and add to skillet. Continue to saute© 2 minutes longer. Stir in arugula and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper. Let cool slightly.
- 5Whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese and half and half in a large bowl. Add sautes vegetables and stir to combine. Divide egg mixture between muffin cups and bake 15 minutes until slightly puffed and eggs are cooked.
- 6Serve immediately.