Get your daily serving of greens as well as omega-3 fatty acids with this yummy seafood dish. Sardine fillets are stuffed with a delicious and savory spinach filling and baked until ready. The spinach filling incorporates many different ingredients including bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and parmesan for a savory melty filling. Stuffed with this tasty mixture, the sardines are then drizzled with oil, pine nuts, and a little parmesan before being put into the oven. Bake time is 15 minutes.
- olive oil
- 300 grams spinach (cleaned and drained)
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 slice white sandwich bread (toasted and ground)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 50 grams parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- ground black pepper
- 800 grams sardine fillets (; spineless, finless, and headless)
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Oil a baking tray.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a deep skillet and saute the spinach until wilted. Add salt, stir, and drain into a colander.
- Chop the spinach and place in a bowl with the sun dried tomatoes, garlic, bread crumbs, chili powder (optional), 50 gr. Parmesan cheese, and egg. Salt and pepper to taste and mix everything well.
- Stuff the sardines with this mixture and add them to the baking tray. Sprinkle them with the rest of the Parmesan cheese, pine nuts, and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until the fish skin turns translucent.
PER SERVING *
|Calories620Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat330|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.