Spinach Stuffed SardinesLa Cocina de Babel
Get your daily serving of greens as well as omega-3 fatty acids with this yummy seafood dish. Sardine fillets are stuffed with a delicious and savory spinach filling and baked until ready. The spinach filling incorporates many different ingredients including bread crumbs, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, and parmesan for a savory melty filling. Stuffed with this tasty mixture, the sardines are then drizzled with oil, pine nuts, and a little parmesan before being put into the oven. Bake time is 15 minutes.
- 800 grams sardines (filleted, head and bones removed)
- 300 grams spinach (washed and drained)
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes in oil (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 slice white sandwich bread (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (dried, optional)
- 60 grams grated parmesan cheese
- 1 eggs
- pinenuts (for garnish)
- olive oil
- black pepper
- 1Preheat the oven to 200C.
- 2Grease a baking tray with oil
- 3Heat a drizzle of oil in a deep frying pan and toss the spinach until soft.
- 4Stir in a little salt and leave to drain in a colander.
- 5Chop the spinach and place in a bowl with the tomatoes, garlic, bread, chili powder, 50 grams parmesan, and the egg.
- 6Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly.
- 7Add ground black pepper and salt to taste.
- 8Fill the sardines with the mixture and place on a baking tray.
- 9Sprinkle with the remaining parmesan and pine nuts.
- 10Drizzle with a little olive oil.
- 11Bake for 15 minutes or until the flesh turns pale, and the aroma fills the kitchen.