Elegant enough for a festive dinner, this roast reveals its colorful stuffing when sliced. Serve with Orange-Spinach Salad and Apple Raisin Pecan Stuffing.
- 5 pounds pork loin roast (boneless, double rolled and tied)
- 1/4 cup fresh mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- 1 cup breadcrumbs (soft)
- Untie roast and set aside. For stuffing, in skillet cook mushrooms, onion and red pepper in hot oil till onion is tender. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread stuffing over one loin to within one inch of edges. Top with remaining loin. Tie securely with string. Place roast in shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in a 350 degree F. oven for 1 1/4-1 1/2 hours, until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145 degrees F. Remove roast from oven; let rest about 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
Tari 8 Apr
It was very tasty. Yes, I will make this dish again