Spinach Soup With WatercressO MEU TEMPERO
Including potatoes in pureed vegetable soups is a great way to give them body as well as a subtle background flavor. That's the secret to this soup's success, too. Fresh spinach and watercress are a sprightly combination that produces a lovely verdant soup with a peppery taste. There's no cream used in the soup itself, though here it's served with a dollop of creme fraiche for extra richness (a little goes a long way).
- 1 onion
- 350 grams potatoes
- 1 liter water
- salt (to taste)
- 70 grams watercress leaves
- 125 grams spinach leaves
- 100 grams creme fraiche
- In a saucepan, boil the onion and potatoes in water seasoned with salt.
- Once cooked, add the watercress and the spinach.
- Simmer the vegetables with the pan uncovered.
- Grind the vegetables in the blender.
- Serve hot with 1 teaspoon of creme fraiche.
Jot it down
Subscribe to Yummly to add notes