Spinach Soup With WatercressO Meu Tempero
Including potatoes in pureed vegetable soups is a great way to give them body as well as a subtle background flavor. That's the secret to this soup's success, too. Fresh spinach and watercress are a sprightly combination that produces a lovely verdant soup with a peppery taste. There's no cream used in the soup itself, though here it's served with a dollop of creme fraiche for extra richness (a little goes a long way).
- 1 onions
- 350 grams potatoes
- 1 liter water
- salt (to taste)
- 70 grams watercress leaves
- 125 grams spinach leaves
- 100 grams crème fraîche
- 1In a saucepan, boil the onion and potatoes in water seasoned with salt.
- 2Once cooked, add the watercress and the spinach.
- 3Simmer the vegetables with the pan uncovered.
- 4Grind the vegetables in the blender.
- 5Serve hot with 1 teaspoon of creme fraiche.