Toasted pecans add a nutty crunch to this simple salad.
- 20 ounces fresh spinach leaves (cleaned and torn)
- 1/2 red onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves (coarsely chopped, toasted*)
- black pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar
- In large shallow bowl, toss together spinach leaves, onion and pecans. Season salad with salt and pepper, toss; drizzle olive oil over and toss; add vinegar and toss again. Portion onto individual salad plates to serve.
- Serves 8.
- *Toast pecans in 350 degrees F. oven in a shallow pan, such as a cookie sheet, for 8-10 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove and let cool.