- 2 1/4 pounds swiss chard (stalks removed)
- 8 ounces baby spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives (finely)
- 1/4 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces feta cheese (good quality, crumbled)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten, plus 1 additional egg, for brushing)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry (thawed)
- 1 lemon (quartered)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Grease a 12 x 8-inch baking pan.
- Cook chard in pan of boiling salted water for 2 mins. Add spinach, return to the boil, then drain. Cool spinach for 5 mins. Squeeze excess water from spinach, then place in clean tea towel to squeeze out remaining water. The spinach needs to be as dry as possible or the puff pastry won't be crisp.
- Chop spinach and chard very finely. Combine spinach, chard, chives, dill, cottage cheese, feta, eggs, oregano, salt and pepper to taste in large bowl; mix well.
- Roll out 1 sheet of pastry on lightly floured surface until large enough to line base and sides of prepared pan. Press pastry into pan. Spread spinach mixture evenly over pastry.
- Roll out remaining pastry until large enough to cover the filling. Pinch pastry edges together to join. Brush pastry lightly with the additional egg.
- Bake pie for 15 mins or until golden brown on top. Reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Bake for a further 15 to 20 mins or until pie is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
PER SERVING *
|Calories320Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat160|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.