Use your Thermomix to prepare this delectable spinach side dish, which would pair perfectly with steak and potatoes (or chicken and potatoes, come to think of it). First the spinach is blanched and drained thoroughly to remove as much excess water as possible, then it is cooked with garlic and olive oil for added flavor before being coated with a luscious bechamel sauce, all without have to stir or scrape a pan even once.
- 400 grams spinach
- 150 grams water
- coarse salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30 grams olive oil
- 50 grams flour
- 200 grams skimmed milk
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- In the Thermomix bowl, add the spinach, water and a pinch of coarse salt. Set to 8 minutes/212°F/speed 1.
- Remove from bowl, drain and set aside.
- In the Thermomix bowl, add the garlic and olive oil. Set to 4 seconds/speed 5. Then set to 5 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
- Add the spinach and set to 5 minutes/212°F/speed 2.
- Add the flour and milk and set to 20 seconds/speed 7. Then set to 7 minutes/212°F/speed 2.
- Add the vinegar and grind for a few seconds at speed 5.
- Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.