Spinach Mash - Thermomix recipeAs receitas lá de casa
Use your Thermomix to prepare this delectable spinach side dish, which would pair perfectly with steak and potatoes (or chicken and potatoes, come to think of it). First the spinach is blanched and drained thoroughly to remove as much excess water as possible, then it is cooked with garlic and olive oil for added flavor before being coated with a luscious bechamel sauce, all without have to stir or scrape a pan even once.
- 400 grams spinach
- 150 grams water
- coarse salt
- 4 garlic cloves
- 30 grams olive oil
- 50 grams flour
- 200 grams skim milk
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1In the Thermomix bowl, add the spinach, water and a pinch of coarse salt. Set to 8 minutes/212°F/speed 1.
- 2Remove from bowl, drain and set aside.
- 3In the Thermomix bowl, add the garlic and olive oil. Set to 4 seconds/speed 5. Then set to 5 minutes/varoma/speed 2.
- 4Add the spinach and set to 5 minutes/212°F/speed 2.
- 5Add the flour and milk and set to 20 seconds/speed 7. Then set to 7 minutes/212°F/speed 2.
- 6Add the vinegar and grind for a few seconds at speed 5.
- 7Remove and let stand for 5 minutes.