Spinach Gnocchi with Garlic Basil OilKitchenAid
- 8 cloves garlic (roasted)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chile
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 ounces frozen spinach (thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/3 cup gouda (grated aged)
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1Place garlic, basil, dried chili and salt in blender and pulse on setting 2 (chop) 4-5 times. Add olive oil 2 tablespoons at a time, pulsing 1-2 times with each addition. Set aside until ready to use. Can be stored at room temperature 2 days.
- 2Place spinach, parsley, ricotta, parmesan, flour, eggs and lemon zest in large mixing bowl.Mix well with hands to form a soft dough. Divide dough into 2 pieces. Roll each into an 18 inch rope. Cut into 1/2 inch pieces and place on a baking pan dusted with flour.
- 3Bring large pot of water to a boil. Cook gnocchi about 5 minutes until thoroughly cooked through. Drain.
- 4Divide gnocchi between 6 plates. Drizzle with Garlic-Basil Oil and serve with additional shredded aged gouda, if desired.