Thinly-sliced deli ham holds a savory mixture of spinach, water chestnuts and cheese. Skewered with toothpicks by hungry guests, these pinwheels will satisfy a cocktail crowd.
- 10 slices ham (thin, about 3/4 pound)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash ground cayenne
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed, well drained)
- 8 ounces water chestnuts (drained, finely chopped)
- In medium bowl stir together sour cream, Parmesan cheese, pepper and cayenne. Stir in spinach and water chestnuts. Spread about 2 tablespoons filling on each ham slice. Roll up jelly roll fashion; wrap each roll in plastic wrap, refrigerate 1-2 hours. To serve, slice each roll crosswise into 5 pinwheels. Serve with toothpicks.
- Makes about 50 servings.