- 1 pound Basic Egg Pasta Dough (quartered)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion (medium, finely chopped)
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts (458 g, drained well, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper (round)
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 tablespoons mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (divided)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (285 g, thawed, drained and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Attach Pasta Press Accessory fitted with Rigatoni plate to KitchenAidⓇ Stand Mixer. Shape each piece of dough into 1-inch diameter log. Turn mixer to Speed 8. Working with one log of dough at a time, feed dough into hopper and use the swing-arm wire dough cutter to cut pasta into 2-inch lengths as it exits the press. Carefully arrange pasta on rimmed baking sheet lightly dusted with flour.
- Preheat broiler. Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in large pot; season generously with salt. Add pasta and cook 3 minutes or until al dente. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add onions; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Add artichokes; cook 4 to 5 minutes or until light golden brown. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add flour, salt, black pepper and cayenne; cook 1 minute or until golden. Gradually add milk, whisking until sauce is smooth and thick.
- Stir in mascarpone, half the Parmesan, lemon juice, and spinach until combined. Remove pan from heat; fold in cooked rigatoni. Add pasta cooking water as needed to achieve a creamy sauce. Spoon into lightly greased 2-qt. baking dish; top with mozzarella and remaining Parmesan.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes or until top is light golden brown.
PER SERVING *
|Calories640Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat290|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.