This easy, cheesy quiche is a great way to sneak some greens onto the brunch table!
- 1 pie shell (frozen)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces low moisture mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Arrange a rack to the lowest position in the oven.
- Poke the bottom of the frozen pie shell with a fork, and place on a baking sheet. Transfer the baking sheet to the bottom rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the pie shell for 12-14 minutes, until the bottom is slightly puffed. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Reduce the oven to 350° F.
- Set a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour in the olive oil. Once the oil is shimmering, add the spinach leaves. Cook, stirring frequently, for 3-4 minutes, or until the spinach is fully wilted. Remove the skillet from the heat and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, heavy cream, salt, and black pepper, until smooth.
- Place the spinach and cheeses into the egg and milk mixture. Fold with a rubber spatula until the spinach and cheeses are evenly distributed.
- Pour the egg, spinach, and cheese mixture into the blind-baked pie shell. Cover the edges of the pie shells with pie guards or strips of aluminum foil.
- Transfer the baking sheet to the bottom rack of the preheated oven.
- Bake the quiche for 45-55 minutes, until the top is firm and golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven. Allow to cool for at least 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and serving.