Spicy shrimp With LeekO Meu Tempero
This stir-fry features large shrimp, which are peeled and deveined but with the tails left on (they lend flavor and also help the shrimp hold their shape better than when the tail is removed). To build the flavor of the dish, leek is sauteed with hot pepper jam (or a chopped red chile pepper) before the shrimp is added to the wok. Serve the shrimp while still hot, garnished with cilantro and with rice alongside.
- 20 prawns
- 1 leeks (large, white part only)
- 2 tablespoons soybean oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper jam (and red pepper)
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 200 milliliters broth
- fresh coriander (to decorate)
- 1Remove the shell and the gut of the shrimp, leaving only the tail.
- 2Cut the leek in 5 cm slices and cut into thin strips in the longitudinal direction.
- 3Heat a wok or a large fryer.
- 4Place the soy oil and sauté the leeks along with chilli jam (or a chopped red chilli) to soften a bit.
- 5Add the shrimp and soy sauce and fry till they're opaque color.
- 6Aside join to the broth corn and the corn starch until they dissolve.
- 7Add to the prawns and leave in high heat until it is thickened.
- 8Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander and accompany with fried rice.