- 1 pound extra firm tofu (rinsed, well-drained, cut into 1" cubes)
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 inches orange (peel of an)
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice (freshly squeezed, keep 2 1" pieces of orange peel too)
- 1/2 cup scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh ginger (sliced & minced)
- 1/4 cup garlic (minced)
- 1 chili (your hotness-choice, diced)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
PER SERVING *
|Calories340Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat180|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Jon 12 Mar
Loved this. Great combination of flavours. Made it quite spicy and used rice flour rather than corn starch.
Nadia Niazi 10 Feb
This recipe is sooo good, it’s super easy and flavourful. I will definitely make this tofu again. I had it with gochujjang stir-fried veggies for a spicy kick 🙂
Brent H. 29 Jan
Great recipe, very flavorful. I made a side of broccoli but will probably include carrots as well. My son suggested making with cashews which we might give a try. Definitely making this again.
Tricia R 20 Nov 2017
I added some onion, broccoli, and carrots. Sauce has a lot of flavor. My meat-eating husband rates this dinner a 12 on a scale of 1-10!
Lisa R. 16 Apr 2016
The sauce is really delicious! First, I will cook the minced ginger and garlic in the oil. When the oil has fully incorporated the seasoning, I would recommend allowing the oil to cool enough to strain the minced garlic and ginger. Otherwise, the sauce is full of little bits. That said, this dish is truly tasty!