Spicy (or not) Pork RibsLa Cocina de Babel
Spicy or mild, the choice is up to you with these fingerlicking good pork ribs. Marinated overnight in brown sugar beer marinade, these pork ribs, cut in the American fashion, are flavorful and melt in your mouth tender. These ribs are a great option for a backyard party or barbecue. Make sure you have plenty of napkins on hand as you will not be able to keep your hands off these sweet, and possibly spicy, pork ribs.
- 1 1/2 kilograms pork ribs
- 1 onions (small, roughly chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 2 red chili peppers (diced, optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 500 milliliters ketchup
- 60 grams brown sugar
- 330 milliliters beer (dark)
- fresh cilantro (or parsley for garnish)
- 1Start the process 1 day ahead of time. Cut the ribs American style so there are 3 ribs on each section.
- 2In a blender, blend together the onion, garlic, chili peppers (optional), dried oregano, cumin, ketchup, brown sugar, dark beer, and a pinch of salt.
- 3In a large Dutch oven add the rib pieces and pour the blended mixture on top. Bring to a boil. Partially cover and simmer on low heat for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 4Taste the sauce and add salt or chili to taste.
- 5Pour the ribs and the sauce into a dish that is not aluminum or metal and refrigerate overnight.
- 6Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- 7Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- 8Remove the ribs from their marinade and try to shake off as much of the marinade as possible. Lay the ribs out on the baking tray and bake about 20 minutes until golden.
- 9Put the reserved marinade in a saucepan and simmer until reduced.
- 10Garnish the ribs with fresh parsley or cilantro and serve the sauce on the side. Grilled potatoes and guacamole make a great accompaniment.
PER SERVING *
|Calories1270Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat770|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.