- 1 cup sushi rice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini (large, ends trimmed, cut into 4-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon wasabi (or to taste)
- 1 can tuna (5 oz)
- 4 sheets roasted seaweed (seaweed)
- 1 avocado (sliced into 8 slices)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- soy sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Rinse sushi rice. Bring rice and 1 cup water to a boil in saucepan, then reduce heat, cover and simmer 12-15 minutes until water is absorbed. Do not stir. Remove from heat and let rest 10 minutes. Transfer rice to a large bowl.
- Bring rice vinegar, sugar and salt to a simmer in small saucepan. Simmer 1-2 minutes. Let cool while rice is cooling then toss with the rice, breaking up clumps with your hands. Spread rice onto baking pan and let sit 20 minutes. Rice will be very sticky.
- Attach Vegetable Sheet Cutter Attachment to KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Insert the food holder and zucchini/cucumber adapter in the center of both ends of zucchini section, aligning the red marks. Secure zucchini and food holder onto attachment. Insert food skewer through zucchini/cucumber adapter and all the way through zucchini. Attach Thin Blade to attachment. Position bowl under blade to catch zucchini. Turn Stand Mixer to Speed 2 and position blade against zucchini to process. Repeat with remaining zucchini sections.
- Cut zucchini sheets into 5-inch pieces, yields about 6-8 sheets. Spread sheets out evenly on work surface and absorb liquid with paper towel, if needed. Combine mayonnaise and wasabi in medium bowl, then toss with tuna.
- Place nori in oven and heat about 10 minutes to soften. Cut nori to fit zucchini and place on top of each zucchini sheet. Drizzle lemon juice over avocado. Divide rice between sheets and with damp fingers, spread rice out to an even layer over nori. Divide tuna between sheets, short ways across the center of each sheet. Top with avocado and roll tightly.
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces and serve immediately with soy sauce, if desired.