This pungent barbecue sauce, spiked with dry mustard and chili powder, is a perfect mate with these spareribs---it’s also great slathered on chops, sausage, or pork burgers on the grill. Serve these spareribs with buttered corn on the cob, green salad, and lots of napkins for mopping up
- 3 pork spareribs (slabs, 5-6 pounds)
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup dry mustard
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Place spareribs on shallow baking pans; cover with foil and bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile combine water, butter, lemon juice, dry mustard, chili powder, sugar, paprika, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and cayenne in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- After 1 1/2 hours, remove foil and brush with sauce, then roast for additional 20 minutes. Serve ribs with additional sauce.