- 4 teaspoons canola oil (divided)
- 1/2 cup shallots (minced)
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 4 teaspoons garlic (minced fresh)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 serrano chiles (or Thai, minced)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lower sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (freshly)
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 lime wedges
PER SERVING *
|Calories280Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
|Calories from Fat130|
|% DAILY VALUE*|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
MaryJo Fant 9 Apr
It turned out really good. However i only put 1 Serrano pepper in and it was just the right heat for who was eating it. This definitely needs to be considered when adding this ingredient! Delicious meal!!
Rochelle 11 Mar
Very good. Can’t find serano chiles hence used some crush red pepper flakes which gave it some heat.
Mary Cardenas 22 Feb
Everyone loved it! I kept it pretty close to the recipe. The only thing I changed is the amount of sauce. I’m one of those people who likes extra sauce on everything so I listened to the other reviews and made extra to be safe. It was great. Will definitely make again. Everyone was fighting for leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Jo 18 Jul 2017
Excellent! We will make this one again!
Wendy F. 4 Jul 2017
This recipe is good! It's easy to make and a nice combination of tangy, savory, sweet, spicy. I did what other reviewers suggested and upped the sauce by two or three times. It turned out great.
Ali M. 29 May 2017
delicious and simple to make!